The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up – Paul Valery
Any normal person would have been pumped up with motivation and reeked of awesomeness for exactly two minutes after reading the above quote. Not me. It is said 90% of the dreams are forgotten. Those 90% are the pleasant ones. The remaining 10% are the unpleasant ones. The reason I am talking about this here is because my friend told me that his car stereo was stolen. What’s the link? The 100% of the unpleasant 10% of my dreams involve thieves/burglars. I have no idea why. The only encounter I had with a thief was a pick pocketer in a local bus who I caught red handed. He pushed me and ran away. It wasn’t a knee-jerking experience.
Now a little bit more about my dream. The places differed, people differed, time of the day differed, seasons differed. The things that didn’t change was myself and the act of chasing the thief. I guess I love chasing too much. Everytime I dream of chasing a thief, I chase with vigour. I chase with commitment. I chase yelling at him. The line between dream and real life blurs and I yell for real. This is the only type of dream where I blurt out anything aloud. My wife is usually a sound sleeper. She doesn’t even realize when the alarm goes off in full volume right under her ear. But every time I shout, she wakes up. First time she was really scared and worried. She thought I had a nightmare. I wouldn’t call it a night mare. It was fun chasing. Few more instances, she was genuinely worried but started realising the pattern. These days she just wakes me up and asks who was I chasing. She is ready with popcorn and all.
So going back to the opening quote – no, I don’t want to wake up and I don’t want my dream to come true.
Do you have any strange recurring dream? Please feel free to use the comment section.
Oh, a finishing quote. My favourite one.
‘Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.’ – Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
4 thoughts on “Chasing Dreams”
I’m pretty sure my dog has the same dream, she often runs and shouts in her sleep 😀
HaHa! Are you sure it’s the same dream? They say dogs are very good in recognizing ghosts. Just saying. 😀
I don’t have a recurring a dream but I have had a few strange ones. The best one I had was about Jeffrey the Giraffe(Toys R Us). He was drunk and urinating in cars parked in a mall parking lot. It’s strange yes but the mind is a vast jungle of tangled brush and other tidbits.I also wake up sometimes boxing the air and my wife just stares at me as I beat my imaginary assailants. Dreams are nuts at times and I hope my recollection of the one about Jeffrey isn’t off putting. 🙂